Sunday, October 4, 2009

Down The Winding Path

The following poem was one I wrote as an offering to the Goddess for my initiation:


Down the Winding Path

Winding, dancing to her own rhythm
She came

Her beauty so pure
Her regal form, the color of dusk
Glistened in the waning sun

Arriving from the West
Leaving the Darkness
Flowing to the East
Rising to the next beginning
She moved

Words could not express
The humbling awe that overcame me

She grabs my spirit
And thunders her presence
I AM SHE

The obsidian eyes turn to me
Startled, I saw myself
Reflected in her gaze

You are me
I am you
I dwell within
At the crossroads of heaven and hell

I am always with you
I will never leave
Even when you return to the Earth

She slithered away
Slowly disappearing into the growth
Gone as quickly as she came
The Universe she leaves in her wake

No comments:

Post a Comment